Summer Bucket List - part 1
One of the best things about living in the Twin Cities is the multitude of festivals, outings, fairs and activities to do outside during the summer months. Minnesotans are experts at enjoying warm weather when it is given to us. (This year we went 6 months of below-70 degree weather! Six months!)
So, this year I'm creating a Summer Bucket List so Dan, the kiddo and I can make sure to enjoy the warm Minnesota summer while it lasts. Well, it's actually two bucket lists - one of fun stuff and one that is essentially an honey-do list for myself (look for that post tomorrow!).
Summer Bucket List #1 - the fun stuff!
- Attend a Movie in the Park while enjoying a picnic - I loved doing this as a kid in Madison, Wis.!
- Garden/clean up the yard (it's really despicable right now)
- Camping and hiking in Northern Minnesota - something I have yet to do, which makes me a bad Minnesotan
- Go boating (In-laws that have a lake house makes this one easy.)
- Attend at least one Minnesota Twins game (OK, who am I kidding - we will probably attend 5 or 6)
- Take Dad to the Back to the 50's car show (a self-proclaimed motorhead, that will make a nice Father's Day gift for him)
- Attend one of the many art festivals - possibly the Stone Arch Bridge Festival over Father's Day weekend?
- Walk the dog 5 times/week
- Explore Como Park - there are so many walking trails, and it's so close to our house!
- Take the kiddo to the Como Park Pool - again, just walking distance from our house!
- Host a cook out (once the yard is cleaned up, of course)
- Attend an international soccer match (Thanks to Minnesota United FC, we have access to a few this summer.)
- Attend one or two St. Paul Saints games - already on the books!
- Visit the St. Paul Farmers Market every Saturday morning - we're well on our way!
- Attend an outdoor concert (I'm not picky...)
There are so many more I want to add to the list, but I don't want to overload the family this summer... but we'll see how it goes. :)
What are your summer plans? Any suggestions for what to add to the list?