A parade of lovely homes
Back in September, Dan and I attended the Parade of Homes. It's one of Dan's favorite things to do - in fact, many times since he said he wished we could do it again - right then. Well, last night I came across these pictures I took for design inspiration and just had to share them with you. Unfortunately, I didn't get the details on the items below, so if anyone has any insights, please share!
A few things I'm loving right now:
1. Gorgeous drapery in a staged girl's room - I love the design and combination of colors! Luckily, Dan did, too.
2. There's just something sweet and simple about this girl's room - clean colors and lines, not too fussy, not too girly. Just right.
3. I would kill for a light and airy reading nook like this. I just want to curl up with a good book right now! (It doesn't hurt that we've got below zero temps in Minnesota right today...)
4. Love that mirrored dresser - and the simple styling of the vase and pictures on the wall. It's just beautiful! Too bad that's a little too girly for Dan.
5. This is a close-up of linen wallpaper in the dining room of one of the homes. This simple design adds just a touch of glam.
6. I almost died over the stenciling done to this chair. It's so fun!
7. I'm still seeking inspiration for mixing patterns - Dan is a little nervous about the idea, but this was one we saw that worked.
8. I could not get over the pink lucite antlers mounted over the bed - I'm still desperately seeking them, so if anyone knows where to find them or something similar, give me a holler!
9. Wallpaper with the ceiling painted in a fun color make this small mudroom look huge - and plus it added a vibrant pop. The ceiling color is one of my obsessions right now.
10. This plexiglass (for lack of a better word) side table is a great solution for a small space (which we are currently battling) - plus, I love love love the rope handles.
Finding these photos again makes me want to redecorate... (watch out, Dan!) Stay tuned for future posts as we work to design our master bedroom (complete with a handmade sliding barn door!).
Does anyone else love the Parade of Homes as much as us? Where do you find design inspiration?